Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Indulj...




Its 10 after 8p and smooth ass acoustic soul band is playing at the front of the venue. Their cover of my cheri amore is vibrating real nice some guitars and bongos, a cool male and sultry female vocalist leading the way into the night. I’ve got a feeling they have a few more clever innuendo laden covers on the twilight horizon.
The service is excellent. Beautiful young bartenders (thanks Jewels), waitresses, and a couple handsome males flirting with their patrons are well versed in both the fare and the specials. A few appetizers ranging in price from 7-10 dollars and a couple key cocktails and beers are priced at 3-7 dollars as well. The menu is simple and light, and somewhat mismatched but pleasant. I’m craving chicken so I ordered the jerk chicken and judging by my neighbors red sauced stained fingertips it should be pretty good. Its taking a good while but that’s ok with me, I suspect they might actually be making it fresh. I’ll definitely be devouring them wholeheartedly because I’m hungry as hell. Until the food arrives I’m having a Georgia Peach. It’s not really my kind of drink but I’m in an experimental mood.

The place is filled with a few young professionals watching college football, and some eclecticly clad females who have obviously been Induljing in their happy hour specials. The décor looks like it a smooth ass jazz bar from the late 90’s with big galss windows and mirrors and some original abstract pantings by a very talented artist I can’t seem to place. The only bad things are 1) the absence of Wifi, and 2) I smacked my face on the bathroom door which is jammed in some kind of weird way (fellas kill that long stride or you’ll have a nice line down the middle of your forehead that looks just like mine) and . The bathroom is clean, well kept, and filled with cool little vases and paintings I can look at while I “relax standing up”.

All in all I like it and I’ll be back. You can’t beat food, drinks, and live music for 20 bucks. My jerk chicken is here and I’m not getting this sauce on my keyboard so...

follow the light,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment