Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New To DC

Here's what the sky looked like the day I moved in
I just moved to Washington DC and I love it here. It's expensive, there's traffic, and the Metro escalators are usually stairs, but it is home. I admit it took time to find a place I could afford on my musician's budget and scholarship money. After looking at about 30-40 places advertised on various sources such as Craigslist, the Washington Post, and the Washington Times among others, I found a one bedroom apartment in a renovated mansion. Hardwood floors, high ceilings, stainless steel appliances and views of the neighbor's brick building...yes I have all the amenities of city life. The only thing I was missing was pointers on how to spend my downtime and I figured I'd fill that myself. After all there's only a few thousand other bloggers in this town, why don;t I take a crack at it. So here's my crack. It's filled mostly with stuff about venues, but since I like new technology and good music, I'll try to get a bit in on those as well. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment