Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Den of Theives

Open Sesame. You have to love a place called Den of Thieves (Follow on twitter by clicking here: https://twitter.com/denofthievesdc). located at 14th and U St Nw, The Den features super cool heavy-handed bartenders, blood-red walls, and plush velvety curtains that look like something out of a '70s Bedouin adventure film. The drinks came in at around $7-10 per pour and while I did not try any of the food. the patrons I spoke to rated their dishes at average to above average.

DJ John Jazz is what lured me in. I was walking by on the way home and heard a mixture of sweet tunes spinning that I needed to know about. Something about world music and reggae mash ups with a little Uncle Luke mixed in is a perfect way to lounge out on a Sunday night. The dance floor had plenty of action from a mixed crowd of demure Asians,  modelesque, creamy-toned, dark-skinned beauties, and spunky break dancing euro chics. The fellas were mostly preppy hipsters and obvious fun music aficionados.  All hail the Den of Theives. I'm sure there is a genies lamp in here somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment