Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Poetic

I walked into one of my favorite chill spots, Busboys and Poets, (2021 14th St NW
Washington, DC 202-387-7638) and realized that I hadn't written about it. It's not in my own neighborhood, Columbia Heights, but since it is only a seventeen minute walk from the pad, I figured I'll spin a few lines for one of the coolest venues.


I've been here regularly for the Tuesday night open mics or stopped in for happy hour drinks but I'd never been for lunch. I decided it was time to see about the lunch groove. I went in and grabbed a seat in the centrally located community area on a huge super comfortable leather sofa and  was immediately greeted with a huge smile by a tiny bubbly waitress who let me know she'd be right with me. Right on cue a gorgeous friend of mine plops down next to me smelling like an island girl. Lunch is going to be good today. "Hi Dollface!" "Hi Lycan, who have you been howling at?" Our conversation spilled over into the rest of table due to the curiosity around our mischievous laughter and bro-sis love. One of the young vegans frowned up at my order of the bacon cheeseburger but respected my carnivorous appetite. The sweet potato fries were on point and we chatted the afternoon away to the tune of a $26 bill for both of us (Thanks for picking up the tab, Dollface!).

We order jade green tea which is pretty good and chat about a number if things before I began "Swyping" out this article from my Samsung Galaxy 7 2.0  tablet. The free wifi really makes a writer want to hangout all the day but the bookstore makes one want to live there for a couple days. Check out a couple lines from the poetry book "Twerk". It isn't what you'd expect but it's pretty damn good... just like Busboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment